COYER Winter 2019 Sign-up
WOW, it’s that time of the year again, it’s time for the COYER winter sign-up, and we are so ready for it. As usual, the rules for winter COYER are a bit stricter, but the many read-a-thons can be very helpful.
COYER Winter 2019 Rules:
- Read Your E-Reads! Every book you read MUST be in an electronic format – meaning E-Book or Audiobook. It’s okay to start a book before December 1st, you must be less than half way for it to count then review it during COYER.
- The books must be FREE or NEARLY FREE! This includes review books, tour books, NetGalley, Edelweiss, etc. What’s nearly free? No more than $2 for eBooks and no more than $5 for Audiobooks (or the equivalent in your currency). Library books, borrowed books, or Kindle Unlimited books do not qualify for this COYER.
- Announce your participation! This can be a blog post (or if you don’t have a blog – Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Booklikes, Goodreads, Shelfari, etc.) If you want to list books you would like to read, that’s great, but not necessary. The point is to let everyone know you’re committed to COYER, maybe share some goals, and help spread the word. Not sure how to do your post? Check out this example from a previous COYER.
- Make a book recommendation on your sign-up post! This is new, but super easy. When
you write your sign up post (#3 above), recommend 1 book that you think everyone should read. It doesn’t matter if it’s recent or decades old. Genre, length, format… none of it matters.
- Link up! Link that post (not just your blog homepage) to the linky below.
- Review & Link Reviews! Your review may be on your blog, Goodreads, Shelfari, Booklikes, etc. Link the review to the Review Linky (which will be available on the kick off post on December 1st).
- Visit Each Other, Chat & Have Fun!
COYER Winter 2019 Twist:
For the twist, it’s possible to do buddy reads! As you know, we both love buddy-reading, but there is a restriction of two books per buddy for this COYER.
- Pick a COYER participant to buddy read a book with. This means you read it at the same time and talk about it. You can read as many books at the same time as you’d like, but you can only read 2 books per buddy.
- There are NO price or format requirements for books you buddy read. They can be physical books, library books, KU books, etc. If they meet the COYER requirements, when you review them they can also go on the review linky. If they don’t meet COYER guidelines, the review links only go on the rafflecopter.
- Review the books! Same as with regular COYER, we want to see a review. In the review, list your buddy with their number on the sign-up linky and the rating they gave the book (feel free to do some back and forth chatting or buddy reviews too!).
COYER Winter 2019 Read-a-thons:
We don’t always do read-a-thons, but these sound awesome! And we will probably do at least some of them.
- Be sure to announce your participation in the Facebook post for that read-a-thon (up the day before the read-a-thon begins)
- Read at least one qualifying book
- Report your results in the Facebook post for that readathon (up the day the read-a-thon ends)
The read-a-thon books are exempt from the strict COYER rules, so you know, if it’s hard to stay on the under $2 e-book, this might help 😉
- FFS, I suffer from FOMO! This read-a-thon (FFS= For F*cks Sake & FOMO= Fear of Missing Out) is about reading those books you wanted to read this year but didn’t get around to and runs December 15th – 28th
- Honoring Lost Friends. This read-a-thon is in honor of Tiffany and Grace, good blogging friends lost this year to cancer. In honor of them, pick a book from their TBR or Read Shelves on Goodreads (Tiffany’s book list & Grace’s book list) January 5th – January 11th.
- Buddy Read. Maybe you’re not feeling up to the challenge of doing lots of Buddy Read books, but you want to get in on the fun for a bit. Join us January 19th – February 8th to buddy read a book or two.
- Read Their Book! Read a book from a COYER Participant’s (aka a friend’s!) to-be-read shelf February 16th – February 27th.
As always, there will be social media games, and of course, the COYER Facebook group is a fantastic place to be – all year around.
We’re not going to have a specific goal for this COYER, but we’ll do our best to read all those cheap e-books, and do some read-a-thons and buddy reads.
Are you doing COYER winter this year? Wanna buddy read with us?