2021 Challenge Updates
2021 Challenge Updates is a single page that updates automatically for all our new challenges. This makes it easier for us to make sure our challenges get updated. And it also makes it fairly easy to find everything we need if we want to sign up for a new challenge during the year.
We’re starting with our own challenge, the 2021 New Release Challenge. As usual, we’re going for the pro level, but we both have a little problem writing reviews for all the books we actually read. Yeah, we’re lazy blogger-wives like that 😉
2021 New Release Challenge books read:
COYER is another challenge we participate in every year! For 2021, it’s an annual challenge for the first time, and we’re really excited about that!
COYER Challenge books read:
- The Forever Girl by Jill Shalvis
- Love in Moments by Scarlett Cole
- The Last One Home by Victoria Helen Stone
Unearthing a Bookish Bounty:
We have physical books to keep us reading for quite a long while. 😉 These are the rules governing our Unearthing a Bookish Bounty challenge.
- We WILL READ books we already own!
- We will not accept ARCs unless they’re from our lists of ARC Team authors
- When reading books from a series where we don’t own all the books, there’s no buying the next book unless we’re going to read it immediately.
- Any books we purchase must be done with a gift card. The only exceptions for Brandee are: 1) audiobooks since I have an Audible subscription, and 2) any book required for book club that I don’t already own and can’t procure any other way.
- Linda has an exception for audibooks as well, as she, too has an Audible subscription.Plus, she also has a The BookwormBox subscription for e-books.
2021 Audiobook Challenge:
Hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer and That’s What I’m Talking About, the 2021 Audiobook Challenge is all about listening to audiobooks. The challenge runs the whole year, and the rules are fairly simple. You can find the rules by clicking on the image to see the sign-up post on Kim’s blog. There are different levels, though :
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multitasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
- Over-Achiever (Power Listener) 75+
- The 100 Club (Audiobook Addict) 100+
Linda is going for My Precious, and Brandee is aiming for Binge Listener.