Today is the start of a new era – because we get COYER for the whole year. And Michelle and Berls over at Because Reading decided it would be a good idea to start now that we’re all in confinement.
COYER All Year Long Rules:
So the first part of this is that COYER will now be all year. That’s right! For all-year COYER, there will be traditional rules:
- Read Your E-Reads! Every book you read MUST be in an electronic format – meaning E-Book or Audiobook. It’s okay to start a book before March 23rd, but you must be less than half way for it to count then review it during COYER.
- The books must be FREE or NEARLY FREE! This includes review books, tour books, NetGalley, Edelweiss, etc. What’s nearly free? No more than $2 for eBooks and no more than $5 for Audiobooks (or the equivalent in your currency). This does NOT include library books, borrowed books, or Kindle Unlimited books.
- Review & Link Reviews! Your review may be on your blog, Goodreads, Shelfari, Booklikes, etc. Link the review to the Review Linky (which we will have as an announcement at the top of the blog).
COYER Quarantine Edition Rules:
- Announce your participation! This can be a blog post (or if you don’t have a blog – Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Booklikes, Goodreads, Shelfari, etc.) If you want to list books you would like to read, that’s great, but not necessary. The point is to let everyone know you’re committed to COYER, maybe share some goals, and help spread the word.
- Link up! Link that post (not just your blog homepage) to the linky below.
- You can read any book, any format, if it meets the following criteria:
- Is part of a readathon we’re doing. We aren’t planning them in advance this time. Follow us in our facebook group for details as we start new ones.
- Is a buddy read. That’s right, buddy reading is back. Read a book with a COYER participant and chat with them about it. Unlimited number of reads with a buddy (no restriction this time), as long as you tell us their rating in your review.
- Is a COYER book club read. In our FB live today we decided to do a monthly book club. So join us in the group for details. Whatever book we read for book club will count.
- Visit Each Other, Chat, Support Each Other & Have Fun!
Brandee and Linda both want to participate – as some of the books we read will definitely count for COYER. You can read the full announcement if you click on the COYER picture at the beginning of the post.
Are you ready for all year COYER? We sure are. Good luck and happy reading. <3