Happy 2020, y’all!
I can’t believe we’re into a new year much less a new decade. To kick off a new year/decade, Linda and I are kicking off a self-challenge: Unearthing a Bookish Bounty. I’m sure we’ve all participated in challenges where we read books we own. Well, I decided I wanted to read exclusively (almost) what I own in 2020 because I know I have quite a bookish bounty on my shelves. And Linda was gracious enough (she’s such a wonderful blogger wife!) to agree to participate as well. Here’s a little glimpse into why this challenge is essential to me:
As you can see, I have more than enough physical books to keep me reading for quite a long while. And I didn’t show you the number of ebooks I own. 😉 These are the rules governing our Unearthing a Bookish Bounty challenge.
- We WILL READ books we already own!
- We will not accept ARCs unless they’re from our lists of ARC Team authors
- Linda’s List:
- When reading books from a series where we don’t own all the books, there’s no buying the next book unless we’re going to read it immediately.
- Any books we purchase must be done with a gift card. The only exceptions for Brandee are: 1) audiobooks since I have an Audible subscription, and 2) any book required for book club that I don’t already own and can’t procure any other way.
- Linda has an exception for audibooks as well, as she, too has an Audible subscription.Plus, she also has a The BookwormBox subscription for e-books.
What do y’all think? Can we do it? I think it’ll be a challenge 😉 for us both but maybe more so for Linda. LOL We’ll keep you posted. 😀