The Sunday Post #86 – Weekly Wrap-up
Welcome to my Sunday Post. Thank you to Kimba over at The Caffeinated Reviewer, who is hosting this weekly event. It is the perfect opportunity to share what happened here on my own blog, as well as some of the happenings elsewhere in the Blogosphere.
So, I taught my last class of the year, which was kind of bitter-sweet. I really had two great classes, and it was sad to say goodbye – especially because I probably won’t be teaching in the same school next year. It was sweet, too, though, because it means I’m soon off for the whole summer…
I’m ready for my oral exam tomorrow, on Communication in Foreign Language Teaching, and I’m glad it’s my one and only exam this session. I hope I’ll get a good, juicy question about context and social appropriateness 😀 Here’s how my binder looks now that I’ve made connections between the various articles, with the different perspectives the authors have shared.
On Thursday, Mr. Lex and I celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary. We went out for a very nice dinner, and had a fantastic, romantic night. It’s really weird to me to think that we’ve been married for that long – because it kind of makes me think we were kids when we got married (which we weren’t…).
Yes, I am also very pregnant here, as our first child was born about six weeks after we got married. We’re both feeling out our hands with our new rings here 😉
This Week’s Freddy pics:
- [2 Jun] Thirsty Thursday and Hungry Hearts #68 – Tell the Wind and Fire
- [3 Jun] Up Close and (un)Conventional – Let’s Talk About Sex
- [4 Jun] STS #136 Bought Borrowed and Bagged #86
- [5 Jun] Sunday Post Weekly Wrap-up #86
- [30 May] 5 to 1 by Holly Bodger ★★½
- [31 May] Top Ten Clues You're Clueless by Liz Czukas ★★★
- [1 Jun] The Sudden Appearance of Hope by Claire North ★★★★
- [9 Jun] Thirsty Thursday and Hungry Hearts #69 – Relativity
- [10 Jun] Up Close and (un)Conventional – Classroom Reads
- [11 Jun] Stacking The Shelves #137 Bought Borrowed and Bagged #87
- [12 Jun] Sunday and Weekly Wrap-up #87
- [6 Jun] Shield of Winter by Nalini Singh ★★★★★
- [7 Jun] Dream Magic by Michelle Mankin ★★★★★
- [8 Jun] The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater ★★★★★
Aila @ Happy Indulgence Books wonders why it’s so hard to Agree to Disagree?
Bee @ Quite the Novel Idea shares a very personal post to kick off Pride Month!
Brandee @ Bookworm Brandee explains how some of her best friends are people she met Thanks to Books!
What have you been up to this past week? Don’t forget to leave me a link so I can come visit your Sunday Post as well.
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you’ve enjoyed your weekend, and that next week will be filled with awesome!