You know what time it is? It’s COYER time (think it’s hammer time with me… hehe) And for this time, we’re not only going back to basics, we’re going rustic. And I, for one, love it. I’m really happy about the very strict rules well have for COYER for the Winter 2016-17 challenge.
What are all these new rules, you ask? Well, here you go:
- This time COYER is going to be a 12 week Blackout, where you have to dedicate yourself to reading the books YOU ALREADY have acquired for less than $1.00.
- That’s right, you have between now and the start of COYER, December 17th, to acquire the books you’ll be reading during COYER. And they must be books you got for less than $1.00. The only exception is audio books, which you must have purchased for less than $5. They must either be eBooks or audio books.
- We understand that we’re all constantly acquiring new books, though. So we’ve provided you a little relief (believe it or not this was all Michelle!), in the form of a generator. Every book powers the generator up a little more. After reading 10 books over 100 pages your generator is fully powered. Books under 100 pages only provide half the energy… So it would take 20 books under 100 pages to power your generator.
- Once your generator is powered up, you may read ANY one book you want. Doesn’t matter how much it cost, where you got it, what format it is. But your generator only has enough power for ONE book, so use it immediately and wisely. You can’t save it to use later, it’s now or never!
- COYER Blackout will run from December 17, 2016 – March 3, 2017. We will leave the linky open 1 extra day for you to get reviews in, but those reviews need to be posted by the end of the day March 3rd. We will announce winners of (3) $10 gift cards to Amazon or Barnes and Noble on March 4th.
ARCs and freebies are welcome, but all books have to be e-books or audios, which is the nice back to basic I am thinking of – COYER does stand for clean out your e-readers after all 🙂
Of course, our fantastic hostesses, Berls @ Fantasy is More Fun, Michelle @ Because Reading and Stormi @ Books, Movies, Reviews Oh My! have more to offer us during this COYER blackout. There will be daily challenges in the Facebook group, as well as an instagram challenge and various chats.
Are you ready for the blackout? Back to basics x 100? What are you waiting for? Hurry and sign up before it’s too late 😉(un)Conventional Bookviews is all signed up for #COYER Blackout - are you ready for the strictest challenge yet? Click To Tweet
I am eager to make a dent in that pile on my Kindle so yes, I’m in. 🙂 Wishing you luck as well, Lexxie.
WooHoo Sophia 🙂 I’m looking forward to seeing which kindle books you’ll choose for the challenge 🙂
So glad you like our theme! When we were planning it, Michelle got all excited and challenged me to write a creative post instead of your basic sign up, to capture the mood of the winter storm. It was lots of fun and I’m really looking forward to the strict rules this time. I’ll probably only power my generator 1x…!
I loved your stormy night and winter sign-up post, Berls! So much fun, and it’s definitely intriguing to read it as a story rather than the usual posts we have had in the past 🙂 Great job!
I am really looking forward to the stricter rules, too. I have so many ARCs and other cheap kindle books to read, I just can’t wait to get started 🙂
Just wanted to point out, the generator was my idea, you know, the nice girl in the group…You’re welcome! 😉
I did force her to be creative because I think this one needed a story instead of a simple post. I was strict with her not anyone else. 😉
LOL Michelle!I realized it was you who added the generator idea, no worries 🙂 I know you’re very, very happy about being the ‘nice’ one this challenge round, right?
Ha ha glad to see COYER back again, I love the blackout idea. How fun!
I love the idea of the blackout, too, Greg!
Looking forward to another round with you Lexxie! I like the back to basic’s e-reader clean out. I know I have tons of ebooks on my kindles that I need to read. Now to start planning a list.
I really like the back to basics, too, Mandy. I have SO many ebooks it’s not even funny 🙂 I’m not really a planner… but I keep shelves on Goodreads for books I paid less than $0.99 for, plus one with my ARCs, so I’m good to go 😉
I must admit it was mostly their idea, I just came up with the word black out….lol. 🙂 I am ready to attempt to just read what I have as I really need to. 🙂 I have more than enough even if I might have to stick in a non-coyer book now and then if I get a review book post-COYER start up. 🙂
Blackout is a great word for describing this COYER challenge, Stormi! Since we are restricted in many ways, it’s really like a blackout in a cold winter storm. Good thing there’s a fireplace for us 🙂
I’m so excited for COYER Blackout! I love the new “rules”. It’s going to be a lot of fun! 🙂 I’m happy we’ll be able to cheer each other on, wifey! *BIG HUGS*
Ooooh, I think I can do this. My Ipad and Ipod are filled with ARC’s and $1 and under books!