You know what time it is? It’s COYER time (think it’s hammer time with me… hehe) And for this time, we’re not only going back to basics, we’re going rustic. And I, for one, love it. I’m really happy about the very strict rules well have for COYER for the Winter 2016-17 challenge.
What are all these new rules, you ask? Well, here you go:
- This time COYER is going to be a 12 week Blackout, where you have to dedicate yourself to reading the books YOU ALREADY have acquired for less than $1.00.
- That’s right, you have between now and the start of COYER, December 17th, to acquire the books you’ll be reading during COYER. And they must be books you got for less than $1.00. The only exception is audio books, which you must have purchased for less than $5. They must either be eBooks or audio books.
- We understand that we’re all constantly acquiring new books, though. So we’ve provided you a little relief (believe it or not this was all Michelle!), in the form of a generator. Every book powers the generator up a little more. After reading 10 books over 100 pages your generator is fully powered. Books under 100 pages only provide half the energy… So it would take 20 books under 100 pages to power your generator.
- Once your generator is powered up, you may read ANY one book you want. Doesn’t matter how much it cost, where you got it, what format it is. But your generator only has enough power for ONE book, so use it immediately and wisely. You can’t save it to use later, it’s now or never!
- COYER Blackout will run from December 17, 2016 – March 3, 2017. We will leave the linky open 1 extra day for you to get reviews in, but those reviews need to be posted by the end of the day March 3rd. We will announce winners of (3) $10 gift cards to Amazon or Barnes and Noble on March 4th.
ARCs and freebies are welcome, but all books have to be e-books or audios, which is the nice back to basic I am thinking of – COYER does stand for clean out your e-readers after all 🙂
Of course, our fantastic hostesses, Berls @ Fantasy is More Fun, Michelle @ Because Reading and Stormi @ Books, Movies, Reviews Oh My! have more to offer us during this COYER blackout. There will be daily challenges in the Facebook group, as well as an instagram challenge and various chats.
Are you ready for the blackout? Back to basics x 100? What are you waiting for? Hurry and sign up before it’s too late 😉(un)Conventional Bookviews is all signed up for #COYER Blackout - are you ready for the strictest challenge yet? Click To Tweet