You know, the thing with me and challenges is I’m pretty dang good at doing the reading. But I’m terrible at updating my progress. 😉 I meant to do this update in June (mid-year) and it’s now August (WOW!). But I wanted to share how I’m doing with this challenge of ours.
As always, a shout out to GirlXOXO for providing a comprehensive list of 2022 reading challenges for us to choose from! All challenges listed link back to the websites of those hosting each particular challenge. Thanks to all those who host these challenges!
From the Read Harder Challenge:
- Read a book set in a bookstore.
- Read an award-winning book from the year you were born.
- Read a queer retelling of a classic of the canon, fairytale, folklore, or myth.
From the Beyond the Bookends’ Reading Challenge:
- Read a book of historical fiction.
The Singing Trees by Boo Walker
West With Giraffes by Lynda Rutledge
Miss Benson’s Beetle by Rachel Joyce
- Read a banned book.
- Read a Young Adult romance
From the Book Voyage Reading Challenge:
- Read a book set in the Arctic or Antarctic.
- Read a book set in Africa or the Middle East.
- Read a book set in Southern Asia.
From the Backlist Reader Challenge:
- Read at least 3 books published prior to 2021 that were already on your TBR.
Dragon Actually by GA Aiken
NOS4A2 by Joe Hill
Timid by Devney Perry
Tragic by Devney Perry
Tinsel by Devney Perry
Where I Belong by J. Daniels
All In by Emma Scott
A Hidden Fire by Elizabeth Hunter
Eternal Kiss of Darkness by Jeaniene Frost
Spoiler Alert by Olivia Dade
Still by Kennedy Ryan
Misconduct by Penelope Douglas
Lothaire by Kresley Cole
From the Alphabet Soup Author Edition Reading Challenge:
- Read a book by an author with F at the beginning of their first or last name.
Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
- Read a book by an author with Q at the beginning of their first or last name.
- Read a book by an author with Z at the beginning of their first or last name.
From the Diversity Reading Challenge:
- Read a book written by an author who is OR with characters who are LGBTQIA+
Boyfriend Material by Alexis Hall
- Read a book written by an author who is OR with characters who are neurodiverse.
Broken Records by Bree Bennett
- Read a book written by an author who has OR with characters who have chronic health issues.
From the Monthly Keyword Reading Challenge:
This one’s a little different since we’re choosing certain month’s keywords and so we’ll have to read a book with those keywords during that month 😉
- MAR – End, Fall, Loud, Queen, Woods, Nine, Beautiful, Crown
- JUN – Sea, You, Hate, Perfect, Shade, Until, Beach, Little
A Stone in the Sea by A.L. Jackson
- SEP – Bright, Here, Out, Life, Strange, Rule, Story, Salt
- DEC – Still, Cabin, Cafe, Night, Lake, By, Holiday, Fire
From the Epistolary Reading Challenge:
- Read a book written in the form of letters, emails, diaries, blogs, etc.
From the Color Coded Reading Challenge:
- Read a book where the color of the cover (or the color mentioned in the title) is purple
- Read a book where the color of the cover (or the color mentioned in the title) is green
From Linda’s imagination:
- Brandee should read a book set in either Norway or Switzerland – or a book written by either a Swiss or a Norwegian author.
- Linda should read a book set in either Colorado or Texas – or a book written by either a Texas-based or a Denver-based author (that she hasn’t read before).
- Buddy-read one book each month of 2022
Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
Tempting the Boss by Natasha Madison
The Girl in the Mist by Kristen Ashley
Taking the Leap by Kristen Ashley
Tattered Loyalties by Carrie Ann Ryan
Accidental Tryst by Natasha Boyd
Fallen Empire by KA Tucker
I’m not doing too badly so far this year, but I’m happy I have 5 more months to work at it. 😉
Wow, you’re doing really well, Brandee!
Wow look at all those challenges, it can be so hard to keep them straight, but you are progressing so well for the year! Hope you continue going strong.