2015 Audiobook Challenge Sign-up
I have decided to do yet another challenge for 2015 – it kind of ties in with my 2015 Bookish Resolutions Challenge, and with my 2015 HW Challenge, so I figured why not? I own lots of audiobooks, but I’m not always so good at actually listening to those books. I have found a few narrators lately that I have really enjoyed, and so I thought that a challenge was just what I needed.
- Runs January 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015. You can join at anytime.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2015 than you did in 2014.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Shelfari, Booklikes, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc. – Jennifer has created a Goodreads Group for the challenge, feel free to join.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button (on the sidebar) and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
To make things more fun, there are more levels for next year, you can choose as follows:
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30-50
- Marathoner (Look Ma no hands) 50+
I’m going with the Stenographer level, I’m aiming for one audiobook each month, hopefully, I’ll be able to stick with that for a whole year, AND have some fun with all the other wonderful bloggers who are participating in this challenge.
And I have to say I’m quite happy I don’t have to decide in advance which books I have to listen to – I can just choose whatever I want when I want 🙂